Is it a good time to move to a bigger house in Yanbu?
How to determine is it moving to a different and a bigger space option for you at this point? What are the pros and cons of living in a big house? If you live in Saudi Arabia or you are considering moving to one of its cities – Yanbu, one of the first steps is to choose a home for you and your family. How move to a bigger house in Yanbu, is it a good idea, how to be sure? Moving process is a stressful life event, and also not cheap but in one part of life, it is unavoidable.
When it comes to owning a property in KSA as a foreigner, now it is possible (except in Mecca and Medina). So, if you want to buy a house in Yanbu, you can. Only 30% of the Saudi population owns their houses because until recently, mortgages didn’t exist (it is against the Muslim law). Now, the situation is a little bit different, but still, ex-pats can get a loan from a bank in KSA. This is why renting is the best option here, including Yanbu.
Questions to ask before moving to a bigger home
In case you are considering moving from a small apartment to a big house, you should ask yourself some questions. In order to be sure it is the right decision for you.
- It is more space what you really need right now or you can wait a little bit longer?
- Do you plan to start a family or to have more kids?
- Do you need more space for guests when they come to visit you in Yanbu?
- What is your situation about finances, can you afford it?
- Yanbu is a place where you can relocate easily, but how much it will cost to move your items to a new home?
- Can you find a bigger home near your job?
These are just some of the questions to ask before making the final decision. It is a big change in life, especially when you are a foreigner.
Why should you move to a bigger house in Yanbu?
Why is it now a good time to move into a bigger place and what are the main reasons for doing that? Finding the perfect home in Yanbu can be intimidating if you are new in this city, but when there is no other option, then all you can do is to research. The signs you are ready to move to a bigger house are:
- Your family is expanding, it is the main reason to move to a bigger house in Yanbu. No matter if your parents will move in or you are expecting a baby, more rooms are necessary. More people mean more rooms, so you know it is time to move if it is the case.
- Yanbu is a big city and if you want a different neighborhood or community, moving may be the perfect option. Most foreigners after moving choose a smaller home in a neighborhood they did not research well. After a while, it is time to upgrade your living and to choose a better home in a neighborhood you love.
- If your incomes are higher now, you deserve to have a bigger house where you can enjoy and relax after work. Invest in a bigger yard where your kids can play and where you can organize parties for your friends.
- Quality of life may suffer when you don’t have enough space in the house. Smaller spaces are often decluttered and there is not enough room for storage and all your items. Also, you cannot invite friends when your house is too small.
- You are probably renting a house in Yanbu, so remodeling is often not a solution because the house is not yours. When you cannot remodel and build an additional room, moving is the only option, so prepare for moving and start a new life in a new home.
Moving to Yanbu stress-free
If those reasons are enough for you to choose to move, then the next step is to organize your relocation to Yanbu and to make a plan on how to move all your items safely to your new house. One of the best solutions is to hire a moving company in Yanbu because most foreigners don’t know the country yet, so you may get lost. Not to mention how important and necessary it is to hire a professional mover if you are moving overseas. Ask friends from KSA for recommendation and search online. One of the websites to visit is fourwinds-ksa.com.
Or, why you shouldn’t move to a bigger house in Yanbu right now – things to consider
On the other hand, moving to a bigger house doesn’t have to be always a good option. If you are not currently in KSA, and you need to move overseas during the coronavirus it is additional stress. Some of the reasons why you shouldn’t move to a bigger place are:
- It is not cheap and when you add moving costs, it will be more expensive. Your bills will be higher, taxes, furnishing costs, maintenance costs, etc.
- You will spend more time cleaning and taking care of the house than before because now you have more rooms.
- More space doesn’t have to mean more usable space, sometimes a smaller house is more practical, depending on the floor plan.
- You may sacrifice on location when moving to a bigger house.
- If you are not ready for more responsibilities, it is not a good idea to move into a bigger house.
As you can see there are advantages and disadvantages of living in a larger house. Before you move to a bigger house in Yanbu, take all of these things into a consideration.