Make a timeline for relocation day with these 4 steps
Before you start moving, you have to organize the relocation. The relocation process has many tasks, and you need to complete them on time. But most people focus on planning everything before the moving day and forget to organize relocation day. We at World RealEstate Directory will show you how to make a timeline for relocation day with these 4 steps. Let’s begin!
Make a timeline for relocation day – call the movers
The first step in organizing your moving day is to contact your movers for three things.
- To make a timeline for relocation day, you need two know when the movers will arrive.
- The second thing you need to know is how much time will they need to load the truck. Getting everything in the moving vehicle might take some time, especially if movers need to handle big furniture pieces.
- Finally, you will need to know when will they arrive in your new place with all of your items.
With these three pieces of information, you can create a moving day timeline.
Scheduling your trip
Now that you know when approximately the movers will arrive in your new home. Let’s move on to the second step. The second step is to schedule your trip to the city you are moving two. You want to get there at about the same time the movers arrive and begin settling into your new place. No matter what you decide to travel with, plan the trip out to arrive at your new home the same time as your movers.
Make a timeline for relocation day – think about the unpacking
The third step is to pan out the unpacking. To make your relocation day successful, you need to have time to unpack your items when you arrive. There are two options.
- You can unpack everything when you arrive. To unpack everything, you will need to arrive early.
- And unpack the essentials, which is a more sensible option.
No matter what you decide, make sure you have the time to do so. You will also need some time to get to know your neighbors when you arrive, so take that into account.
Creating the timeline
The final step is to create the timeline. If you have done all the three steps above, you only need to write them down. Everybody’s timeline will be different depending on their circumstance. We will give you an example of a timeline.
- 7 a.m. walking up.
- 8 a.m. movers arrive.
- 10 a.m. movers complete loading the truck.
- Noon we board the plane.
- 2 p.m. we arrive at your new place.
- 4 p.m. movers arrive.
- 5 p.m. movers unpack us.
- 6 p.m. we are relaxing on the couch in our new home.
So if you plan everything out, you can have a detailed timeline like the one above.
You can make a timeline for relocation day with these 4 steps easily. And if you plan every part of your move out, you won’t be stressed. Good luck!